The Buckinghamshire Skills Hub is looking for apprentices aged 18–26 who are interested in busting some myths and inspiring other young people across Buckinghamshire to consider an apprenticeship as a positive educational and career choice.
We are looking for a representative range of apprentices across the county in terms of:
- Different sectors and job roles,
- Gender and ethnicity,
- Levels of apprenticeships, including higher and degree,
- Location of their workplace.
Buckinghamshire Apprenticeship Ambassadors will be part of the South East region of the Young Apprenticeship Ambassador Network (YAAN).
The role of a Buckinghamshire Young Apprentice Ambassador is to:
- Champion apprenticeships with young people, teachers and parents/guardians,
- Visit schools and speak about their own apprenticeship journey,
- Talk about the benefits of apprenticeships and career opportunities,
- Listen to views of young people and make sure they are represented in local Apprenticeship and Skills initiatives,
- Support regional and national Apprenticeship Campaigns on behalf of Bucks Skills Hub.
In return you get to:
- Gain training and real-life experience in presenting to and communicating with individuals and group – valuable employability skills,
- Be a role model to other young people who are trying to make important decisions about their training and career choices,
- Be a positive spokesperson for your profession or industry,
- Enhance your CV through new skills and experiences.
And as part of a Young Ambassador Network you will get to meet like-minded people who are as positive about apprenticeships as you are!
#TalentTuesday 27th March:
We are holding an information/training session on Tuesday 27th March at our #TalentTuesday event at BNU in High Wycombe, from 1700-1800. Ambassadors will then join our #TalentTuesday crew from 1800-2000 to support what will be a great event to bring employers together with young people looking for fantastic apprenticeship opportunities and information on how to get started!
Paddy Patterson, Apprenticeships Manager, Buckinghamshire Thames Valley Local Enterprise Partnership (BTVLEP): “The Young Apprenticeship Ambassador Network is a fantastic initiative which helps inform and enthuse young people about apprenticeships, using the first-hand experiences of those on the apprenticeship pathway. It’s such a credible and powerful way of getting key messages across about the benefits of the programme. We are fortunate in having such a rich group of talented Apprentices in Bucks, and we are looking forward to working with them to inspire the next crop!”
Interested in finding out more and signing up? Get in touch with Paddy Patterson firstname.lastname@example.org