An apprenticeship in Buckinghamshire could be the start of something great for you and your career! Apprenticeships are becoming one of the most popular ways to start out in a career path for young people in the UK as more and more companies put more emphasis on experience over qualifications; and with an apprenticeship you get the best of both worlds by gaining experience in a real world working environment whilst gaining qualifications in that line of work, setting you up well for future job applications.
At WANNABEbucks.org we work with companies in and around Buckinghamshire from small local businesses to national companies who have offices in the area and by working with them we have direct access to the opportunities for apprentices within their organisations and can deliver these opportunities to young people like you through WANNABEBucks.org.
All of the businesses who post their apprenticeships vacancies on WANNABE are actively looking for eager young people to fill the roles and therefore you should not feel intimidated at the thought of calling or emailing an employer to enquire about their apprenticeship. Apprenticeships in Aylesbury aren’t the only option, as the whole of Buckinghamshire is a hub for apprenticeships and high level careers.
They understand that this might be your first time applying for a job and don’t expect you to know everything about the process at first. Although it’s always a good idea to be as prepared as possible before picking up the phone or sending an email with your CV to an employer so we recommend reading the job posting properly and doing some research on the business before getting in contact so that the conversation flows well and you can have a good discussion about the role without needing to ask them too many questions that could have been answered if you did some prior research.
For more apprenticeships from larger businesses click here
Our apprenticeship vacancies span across the follow Buckinghamshire areas:
- Apprenticeships in Amersham
- Apprenticeships in Aylesbury
- Apprenticeships in Beaconsfield
- Apprenticeships in Bletchley
- Apprenticeships in Buckingham
- Apprenticeships in Chesham
- Apprenticeships in Fenny Stratford
- Apprenticeships in Gerrards Cross
- Apprenticeships in High Wycombe
- Apprenticeships in Marlow
- Apprenticeships in Milton Keynes
- Apprenticeships in Newport Pagnell
- Apprenticeships in Olney
- Apprenticeships in Princes Risborough
- Apprenticeships in Stony Stratford
- Apprenticeships in Wendover
- Apprenticeships in Winslow
- Apprenticeships in Woburn Sands
- Apprenticeships in Wolverton
Organisation NameHob Salons
Job TitleHair Professionals Apprenticeship
About the Organisation
Our Education programme will motivate and inspire you, giving you skills that link directly to your personal success. For us, education is about reaching your personal best and with low learner to teacher ratios you will reap instant rewards from your new skills.
At the HOB Academy, our aim is to motivate and inspire you to reach your full potential in sharing the knowledge that has made HOB Salons successful over 33 years. High tech facilities and contemporary design combine form and function, making it an inspired place to learn. The HOB Academy is positioned near to many of London’s main transport networks.
The HOB Academy is an ideal environment for creative learning, and is situated in London’s Camden Town, internationally renowned as a hive of artistic expression, fashion and creativity.
At HOB Salons, we take our status as hair care experts seriously. We are committed to offering the highest level of creative hairdressing and client care and in our quest for excellence we provide on going training for all our staff at our London Academy. We welcome you into our group.
We are looking for a Hair Professional Apprentice for our busy salon in Amersham to learn the skills to become a Hairdressing Professional. You will carry out salon assistant duties whilst learning working behaviours consultation/client care, shampoo & conditioning, style & setting hair, cut and colour hair, and hair extension or perm services.
- Key responsibilities and day-to-day tasks:
- Working towards your Hair Profesionalls Standard Diploma
- Develop your practical and client care skills alongside your working values and behaviours
- Support with the smooth day to day running of the salon
- Excellent customer service skills to include 'Front of House' duties (reception)
- Offer an excellent service to reflect the HOB brand
- Assist and work alonside experienced Stylists and Colour technicians continuosly
- Maintain HOB Salons professional standards
- Maintain salon cleanliness and hygiene
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Professional work-ready positive attitude and behaviour
- Communication skills and the confidence to talk face-to-face with clients
- Customer service and client care skills
- Personal qualities
- Friendly approach and kind natured to all
- Willingness to help others and team spirited
- Ability to get up, prepared for work and arrive in a timely manner
- Self-starter who demonstrates innitiative, motivation and enthusiasm
- Willingnesss to learn and progress with skills
Ideally the applicant wil have:
- English and maths GCSE grade D/3 or above or equivalent
- Functional Skills English or maths to level 1
Apprenticeship qualification to be undertaken
Level 2 Hair Professional
Functional skills in English and maths if required
You will attend Hob Apprentice Academy in Camden one day a week for Hair Professional off- the -job training and maths and English sessions if required.
You will be visited in your salon once a month for additional assessment opportunities carried out by the Academy Assessors and participate in at least one model night per week with your in house salon tainer (for additional off - the-job training.)
You will attent the salon for 4 days per week, working a total of 40 hours per week including your off-the-job training.
Your working days will vary depending on your college training day and your days off. This is to be confirmed as you become employed and are enrolled on the programme.
Future Prospects/Career Interests
On completion of your Hair Professionals Diploma and passing your End Point Assessment you will progress on to the HOB graduate programme as a Stylist or Colour Technician. As a company we have many future career pathways; you can work towards becoming a successful stylist, progress to an assistant manager/salon manager or work really hard and become a Franchisee salon owner. You could even choose to become an Educator or work part of the HOB Creative team. We have an amazing support network to help you achieve your career aspirations.
Contact NameAlyson Abrahms
Office Location and Full Address