Apprenticeships are becoming one of the most popular ways to start out in a career path for young people in the UK, as more and more companies put more emphasis on experience over qualifications.
With an apprenticeship you get the best of both worlds by gaining experience in a real working environment whilst gaining industry-recognised qualifications and earning a wage for the work you do.
We work with companies of all sizes in and around Buckinghamshire who have apprenticeship opportunities, to help them attract talented young people to fill those roles by promoting them here on WANNABE.Read More
Businesses with apprenticeships vacancies on WANNABE are actively looking for eager candidates to fill the roles, so making a great impression at the application stage is absolutely vital.
They understand that this might be your first time applying for a job and don’t expect you to know everything about the process at first. Although it’s always a good idea to be as prepared as possible before picking up the phone or sending an email with your CV to an employer so we recommend reading the job posting properly and doing some research on the business before getting in contact so that the conversation flows well and you can have a good discussion about the role without needing to ask them too many questions that could have been answered if you did some prior research.
For more apprenticeships from larger businesses click here
Our apprenticeship vacancies span across the follow Buckinghamshire areas:
- Apprenticeships in Amersham
- Apprenticeships in Aylesbury
- Apprenticeships in Beaconsfield
- Apprenticeships in Bletchley
- Apprenticeships in Buckingham
- Apprenticeships in Chesham
- Apprenticeships in Fenny Stratford
- Apprenticeships in Gerrards Cross
- Apprenticeships in High Wycombe
- Apprenticeships in Marlow
- Apprenticeships in Milton Keynes
- Apprenticeships in Newport Pagnell
- Apprenticeships in Olney
- Apprenticeships in Princes Risborough
- Apprenticeships in Stony Stratford
- Apprenticeships in Wendover
- Apprenticeships in Winslow
- Apprenticeships in Woburn Sands
- Apprenticeships in Wolverton
Organisation NameElgiva Theatre (Chesham Town Council)
Job TitleAdministration Assistant
About the Organisation
The Elgiva Theatre is an established theatre managed by Chesham Town Council offering a varied programme of live performance, cinema and live screenings. It is a relatively small team and the programme varies week to week requiring a degree of flexibility in terms of working hours and roles. The post is intended to give the holder the opportunity to gain experience across a range of activities within the theatre including box office, marketing, event administration and finance
Pictures & Images of Elgiva Theatre (Chesham Town Council)
Chesham Town Council
POST TITLE: Administration Assistant (apprenticeship post)
DEPARTMENT: The Elgiva
PURPOSE OF JOB: To assist in the delivery of the theatres’ box office and administration functions and gain a broad level of experience within these areas.
RELATIONSHIPS The postholder will be responsible to the Deputy Manager and Manager and have regular contact with other staff, members of the public and artistes.
PLACE OF WORK: The Elgiva (some evenings and weekends maybe required)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide general administration support to the event programme in the form of record keeping, filing, photocopying, dealing with correspondence, mail-outs etc
2. Whilst working in the box office, deal with customers, both in person and on the telephone, and actively sell the theatre’s tickets and activities.
3. Whilst working in the box office act as the theatres’ receptionist ensuring the highest standard of customer service is maintained at all times
4. Undertake the cashing up, reconciliation and banking of the box office takings as and when required.
5. Assist with the maintenance of purchasing and invoicing records.
6. Assisting with the promotion and marketing of the events programme and facilities as required.
7. Undertake the regular distribution and display of event posters within Chesham
8. Assist with the routine stocktaking for the bars, ice creams, confectionary and stationary as required
9. Assist with the planning and staffing of event’s ‘as and when’ required.
10. To be aware of the health and safety policies and procedures issued by Chesham Town Council and The Elgiva
11. To be aware of and adhere to Chesham Equal Opportunities policy
12. Undertake training and assist with the training of new members of staff as required.
13. Such other duties as may be required commensurate with the grade.
• Excellent written, communication and numeracy skills
• Experienced in the use of MS Office applications including Word & Excel
• Flexibility with the ability to multi task and manage a varied workload
• Accurate with an eye for detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience of working in an office environment
• Cash handling experience
• Sales or customer service experience
• Experience in a marketing support role.
• Interest in the Arts
Approximate number of employees at your company12
Apprenticeship qualification to be undertaken
Business & Administration
In house training and specificvocational traoining as required
Future Prospects/Career Interests
Applicants should have an interest in marketing and event administration. They must also enjoy working in a customer orientated enviroment.
Candidate Age Range17 to 21
Contact NameDavid Cooper
Office Location and Full Address
The Elgiva Theatre, St Mary's Way, Chesham, Bucks, HP5 1HR