Apprenticeships are available to all people of all ages, from all backgrounds and abilities. Academic studies can be at a variety of levels and depend on the position of the individual within the company and the responsibilities they hold. There are over 250 different types of apprenticeships to study, which are linked to nearly 2000 job roles. As most jobs have an apprenticeship to match, the possibilities are endless.
Are you aged 16 or over?
Are you ready to take the next step in finding a career?
Would you classify yourself as a self-starter who is ready for the world of work?
If the answer to these three questions is yes, then an apprenticeship may be for you. Whether you are currently studying and looking at your next step, or you’ve been out of education for a while but are keen to earn whilst you learn, then Wannabe may be able to help. Apprenticeships offer paid work with training, awarding nationally recognised qualifications along the way. The length of an apprenticeship can vary between twelve months to four years. Work opportunities are available in a broad range of industries from engineering and financial services to IT, Healthcare and Marketing, Advertising and PR. A full list of all the apprenticeships are listed https://www.gov.uk/topic/further-education-skills/apprenticeships
Apprenticeships can last between one and four years, depending on the level studied. There are four different levels which are equivalent to the following qualifications:
- Intermediate – NVQ Level 2, equivalent to 5 GCSE passes (grades A* to C)
- Advanced – NVQ Level 3, equivalent to 2 A Level passes
- Higher – NVQ Levels 4-5, equivalent to a foundation degree
- Degree – NVQ Levels 6-7, equivalent to a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Degree Apprenticeships are a new government initiative established to increase high-level provision in vocational training. They are developed by employers, universities and colleges and allow learners to combine the academic study from a traditional university degree with practical experience and wider employment skills vital for career success. The cost of the degree is covered by the government and employers, as with other levels of Apprenticeships. Degree Apprenticeships are currently available in thirteen sectors, in evolving areas such as manufacturing and engineering.
WANNABE has been created to make it as easy as possible for you to find apprenticeship vacancies within the county. Below are a few facts about why you may want to choose to be a part of the apprenticeship opportunity in Bucks:
- Earn a wage whilst learning a new skill which will give you a certified qualification and ultimately lead to full time employment.
- Gain direct access to the best companies in Buckinghamshire, and see the latest apprenticeship opportunities.
- Earn invaluable experience and receive the best ‘on the job training’ Buckinghamshire has to offer.
- In 2012/13 1,800 businesses in Bucks took on over 3,000 apprentices.
- Bucks has the third highest rate of company registrations in the UK which means lots of new opportunities for potential apprentices.
- in 2013, 87.6 per cent of Bucks businesses had between 0-9 employees so you will be well known by all employees wherever you decide to start your future.
Browse vacancies by sector, specialism and localise your search preferences to major towns in Buckinghamshire. This will therefore allow you to find the opportunities which exist close to where you live.