So you’re looking to do some work experience to get a taster of a certain industry or job role and gain some valuable skills. Although this all sounds pretty easy we know how hard it can be to find relevant work experience placements as a young person, one that isn’t too far away from you, at a credible business, and has a set project or role for you to fulfill so that at the end of it you’ve gained more skills than just stirring tea!
Which is why we work hard with local and national businesses with local workplaces, to put together a place where young people in Buckinghamshire can find work experience opportunities to develop work skills and become more employable.
Work experience placements in Buckinghamshire, the home of UK business provide a selection of opportunities in a huge range of growing industries with increasing employment.
Want to learn more about work experience? Check out our information page here
Our work experience vacancies span across the follow Buckinghamshire areas:
- Work Experience Amersham
- Work Experience Aylesbury
- Work Experience Beaconsfield
- Work Experience Bletchley
- Work Experience Buckingham
- Work Experience Chesham
- Work Experience Fenny Stratford
- Work Experience Gerrards Cross
- Work Experience High Wycombe
- Work Experience Marlow
- Work Experience Milton Keynes
- Work Experience Newport Pagnell
- Work Experience Olney
- Work Experience Princes Risborough
- Work Experience Stony Stratford
- Work Experience Wendover
- Work Experience Winslow
- Work Experience Woburn Sands
- Work Experience Wolverton
Job TitleWork experience – Studio production runners at the NFTS
Organisation NameNational Film and Television School
The NFTS is offering students aged 18 or over the opportunity to be runners on five studio shows being produced at their in-house, state-of-the art studio in June/July. This is a fantastic experience for any student interested in a career in film and TV.
The 25 minutes shows will be suitable for multi-camera studio production and will be in the Entertainment genre (game shows, chat shows, cookery, comedy etc).
The Studio shows are part of the first year students’ curriculum on the Directing and Producing Television MA. Students create t
Two runners per show will be chosen for each of the pairs of dates below:
- June 10/11
- June 13/14
- June 20/21
- June 27/28
- July 4/5
These are full days at the NFTS, 0900 to 1730, and any runner must be available for both days of the studio.
Runners carry out a broad range of tasks, including:
- Collecting and greeting show guests from reception and/or to and from make up into the studio.
- Keeping the guest and crew green room tidy and stocked up at all time. Making sure there enough refreshments, that the water urn is filled and rubbish is tidied away. Liaising with the course coordinator about supplies.
- Errands on the floor as dictated by the studio floor manager – collecting water for the guests, tidying, carrying props.
- Standing in for rehearsals.
Runners will wear a head set so they can hear all communication from the studio floor and in the Gallery.
Applicants must be keen, enthusiastic and self-motivated at all times.
Application: Students must be 18 or over to apply for this work experience position. Please send a brief CV /description of yourself and why you would like to volunteer as a runner at the NFTS. This is not a paid position and the NFTS does not cover lunch, but travel expenses can be covered up to £15 per day with receipts shown.
Any student interested should contact Rebecca Loveridge, Curriculum Coordinator – MA Directing & Producing Television Entertainment on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office Location and Full Address
National Film and Television School, Beaconsfield Studios, Station Road, Beaconsfield, Bucks, HP9 1LG