So you’re looking to do some work experience to get a taster of a certain industry or job role and gain some valuable skills. Although this all sounds pretty easy we know how hard it can be to find relevant work experience placements as a young person, one that isn’t too far away from you, at a credible business, and has a set project or role for you to fulfill so that at the end of it you’ve gained more skills than just stirring tea!
Which is why we work hard with local and national businesses with local workplaces, to put together a place where young people in Buckinghamshire can find work experience opportunities to develop work skills and become more employable.
Work experience placements in Buckinghamshire, the home of UK business provide a selection of opportunities in a huge range of growing industries with increasing employment.
Want to learn more about work experience? Check out our information page here
Our work experience vacancies span across the follow Buckinghamshire areas:
- Work Experience Amersham
- Work Experience Aylesbury
- Work Experience Beaconsfield
- Work Experience Bletchley
- Work Experience Buckingham
- Work Experience Chesham
- Work Experience Fenny Stratford
- Work Experience Gerrards Cross
- Work Experience High Wycombe
- Work Experience Marlow
- Work Experience Milton Keynes
- Work Experience Newport Pagnell
- Work Experience Olney
- Work Experience Princes Risborough
- Work Experience Stony Stratford
- Work Experience Wendover
- Work Experience Winslow
- Work Experience Woburn Sands
- Work Experience Wolverton
Job TitleEducation Volunteer
Organisation NameAmersham Museum
About the Organisation
In July 2017, Amersham Museum reopened after a substantial redevelopment and expansion into the neighbouring Victorian building. The work has resulted in the creation of a new, stunning glass reception space, new exhibition space, a wonderful activity space and new dedicated stores for the museum’s collection. The project has also enabled the museum to better reveal their medieval building, previously hidden to the High Street.
The museum’s collection has been completely redisplayed with more emphasis on the 20th century and much greater access to parts of the collection, including maps and oral histories. There are also more activities for children and discovery boxes full of objects, photos and documents.
The redisplay focuses on five key dates in the town’s history and visitors can find out about the people who lived in the town at the time, the buildings from that era and what daily life was like. Visitors can write at the 1580s desk, sit in the 1930s interior and listen to the radio, watch stills from the theatre or listen to stories in Ron Haddock’s 1960s record shop. Each time zone has a multimedia quiz about the era, with an opportunity to ‘build’ a house of your own at the end.
The museum’s wonderful garden has also been re-landscaped to enable wheelchair access and features new planting.
The museum welcomes pre-arranged visits by groups outside normal museum opening hours, during the day or in the evening. An introductory talk, either before the visit or when you arrive at the museum, can usually be arranged if requested.
We can also arrange a guided walk as part of your visit to the museum.
A wonderful activity programme has been developed for the reimagined museum, with activities for people of all ages.
Pictures & Images of Amersham Museum
Objective of role: To assist in the delivery and preparation of education events and activities.
1. To volunteer with limited supervision.
2. To assist in preparing resources and the Museum for events and activities.
3. To assist in delivering events in an appropriate manner, taking responsibility for the visitor experience, including working with school groups and family groups
4. To promote the Museum’s services to visitors.
5. To help pack away after events and leave the space clean and tidy.
6. To have a neat and tidy appearance.
7. To arrive for duty in time to familiarise yourself with any new instructions.
8. To meet and greet visitors in a welcoming and friendly manner.
9. To answer the telephone in a welcoming and friendly way, and take messages where necessary.
10. To attend training sessions when notified.
11. To ensure the smooth running of Amersham Museum acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
12. To adhere to any policies as asked to do so by Amersham Museum staff.
Approximate number of employees at your company2
Future Prospects/Career Interests
Applicants should have an interest in local history, and in working with children. Applicants would ideally be creative in nature, although this is not mandatory.
Office Location and Full Address
49 High Street